Two days before this year’s presidential election, American History TV takes a look back at victory and concession speeches spanning 20 years.
We begin on election night, 1988, with Democratic candidate Gov. Michael Dukakis conceding to Republican Vice President George H.W. Bush, and end with then-Senator Barack Obama’s 2008 victory speech.
- Michael Dukakis Concession Speech (1988)
- George H. W. Bush Victory Speech (1988)
- Ross Perot Concession Speech (1992)
- President H. W. Bush Concession Speech (1992)
- Bill Clinton Victory Speech (1992)
- Bob Dole Concession Speech (1996)
- President Clinton Victory Speech (1996)
- Al Gore Concession Speech (Dec. 13, 2000)
- George W. Bush Acceptance Speech (Dec. 13, 2000)
- John Kerry Concession Speech (2004)
- Pres. George W. Bush Victory Speech (2004)
- John McCain Concession Speech (2008)
- Barack Obama Victory Speech (2008)