As part of the Open Forum, a panel of Middle East experts discussed whether the U.S. government should open lines of communication with the new regime in Iran. Following their discussion the panelists took questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Mark Elliott Chairman Department of State->Secretary's Open Forum
- Azar Nafisi Lecturer Nitze (Paul H.) School of Advanced International Studies->Middle East Studies
- Bob Ney U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- Henry Precht Desk Officer Department of State->Iran
- Thomas Stauffer Professor Harvard University->Middle East Affairs
U.S. Foreign Policy
The State Department held the first in a series of forums that deal with the future roles of the federal agencies that…
In the newspaper roundtable, Representatives Engel and Ney talked about current news stories of interest to them and…