Bork Nomination Day 5
Judge Bork completed his testimony with this unusual Saturday session, attended by only a portion of the committee. The session was… read more
Judge Bork completed his testimony with this unusual Saturday session, attended by only a portion of the committee. The session was highlighted by inquiry from senators considered to be undecided, including Senator Specter and Senator Heflin.
Senator Specter questioned Bork extensively on the issue of presidential power, as well as judicial review, original intent, congressional intent, right to privacy and freedom of speech. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bork, Robert H. Judge U.S. Court of Appeals->District of Columbia Circuit
- Biden, Joseph "Joe" R. Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Hatch, Orrin U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Heflin, Howell T. U.S. Senator [D] Alabama
- Kennedy, Edward "Ted" M. U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Simpson, Alan K. U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- Specter, Arlen U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
Bork Nomination Day 4, Part 1
The morning session continues with seven senators taking thirty minutes
each to question Judge Bork. Of note is…
Bork Nomination Day 4, Part 2
The afternoon session of the fourth day of hearings featured questioning by Senate Majority Leader Byrd and Senator…
Bork Nomination Day 3, Part 2
Due to technical difficulties, this program has occasional low audio.
In the afternoon session Senator Specter questions…
Bork Nomination Day 3, Part 1
During this morning session, committee members continue inquiry for
approximately one-half hour each. In response…