National League of Cities 1998 Conference
Clinton administration officials, local leaders and others gathered to discuss ways of reforming national policies that effect urban areas throughout the nation. Three Cabinet officials discussed administration efforts to assist local communities.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Clarence Anthony Vice President National League of Cities
- William M. Daley Secretary Department of Commerce
- Brian O'Neill President National League of Cities
- Federico Pena Secretary (Former) Department of Energy
- Rodney E. Slater Secretary Department of Transportation
Efforts to Reduce Urban Poverty
Mr. Anthony and other community leaders spoke about economic initiatives and other efforts to reduce urban…
Domestic Policy Appointments
President Clinton made the following appointments to the Cabinet: Federico Pena as Secretary of Energy, Andrew Cuomo as…
Surface Transportation Alternatives
Members of Congress and the administration and state and local officials celebrated the fifth anniversary of signing of…
Officials spoke about a variety of urban issues, including gun control, ethnic and racial tolerance, ways to reduce…