How Do Juries Deliberate?
Society members discussed the jury selection and deliberation processes, and explored situations and actual cases in which these processes were crucial to the eventual verdict.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gordon Griller Administrator Maricopa County (AZ)->Superior Court
- Tom Hodson Attorney Eslocker, Hodson and Dioquardi
- Laura Jackson Juror (Former)
- Nancy King Professor Vanderbilt University
- David Schneider Senior Producer CBS
Jury Reform Issues
Mr. Friedman discussed jury reform issues and answered audience questions.
Meaningful Jury Participation
Panelists discussed jury participation and the deliberation process. A number of judges talked about juries and…
Attorney General Reno spoke about the increasing role of communities and their residents in the U.S. justice…
Mr. Ross explained the process of a grand jury hearing and what the outcome means in relation to current…