Future of Public Broadcasting
The subcommittee finished hearings on the twentieth anniversary of
public broadcasting with officials of various public broadcasting entities talking about the future of the government supported service.
People in this video
- Baker, William F. Correspondent WNET-TV, New York
- Bennett, Douglas Jr. President National Public Radio
- Cauthen, Henry President South Carolina Education Television Cmsn
- Christensen, Bruce President PBS
- Ding, Loni President VOX Productions Inc.
- Fox, Virginia G. Representative Southern Educational Communications Assn
- Ledwig, Donald President Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Inouye, Daniel K. U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
Cable Telecommunications Act, Day 1 Part 2
Mr. Mooney talked about the factors that caused rate increases. He talked about operators that over charged…
Cable Telecommunications Act, Day 1 Part 1
Senator Inouye talked about the history of governmental regulation of cable and the telecommunication…
Cable Telecommunications Act, Day 2 Part 1
Senators Gore and McCain gave short comments. They gave their opinions on the proceedings.
Mr. Sikes said…
Cable Telecommunications Act, Day 2 Part 2
The hearing focused on the effects of the Cable Act of 1984.
Mr. Fritts talked about the monopolies in…