Military Activities on Federal Lands, Part 1
The committee’s focus was the present and proposed use by military agencies of national forests and public lands managed under the Bureau of Land Management.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cy Jamison Director Department of the Interior->Bureau of Land Management
- William Navas Deputy Director National Guard Bureau
- Dale Robertson Chief U.S. Forest Service
- Robert Stone Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Defense
- Gary Vest Deputy Assistant Secretary U.S. Air Force->Environmental Affairs
- Beverly B. Byron U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Larry E. Craig U.S. Representative [R] Idaho
- Robert T. Lagomarsino U.S. Representative [R] California
- John Jacob Rhodes III U.S. Representative [R] Arizona
- Bruce F. Vento U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
- John "Pat" Patrick Williams U.S. Representative [D] Montana
Military Activities on Federal Lands, Part 2
Women in Combat
Rep. Byron discussed her committee’s hearing to investigate the feasibility of women in combat.
Timber Harvesting in Old Growth Forests
In a joint hearing of the three subcommittees, members heard from federal officials, scholars, forest economists and…
Spotted Owl Protection
Officials briefed reporters about placing the spotted owl on the endangered species list. The timber industry…