Is the U.S. Economy Really Different?
Panelists debated the merits and drawbacks of the U.S. economy and what sets it apart from the rest of the world. They also talked… read more
Panelists debated the merits and drawbacks of the U.S. economy and what sets it apart from the rest of the world. They also talked about the issues raised during the conference and how technology will change the face of the economy in the next century. Mr. McKenna, author of Real Time: Preparing for the Age of the Never Satisfied Customer, served as moderator. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Fred Briggs Chief Engineer MCI Communication Corporation
- Stephen "Steve" M. Case Chair and CEO America OnLine
- Michael Dertouzos Director Massachusetts Institute of Technology->Computer Science
- Francis Lorentz Adviser France->Electronic Commerce
- Regis McKenna
- James C. Morgan Chairman and CEO Applied Materials
- Clyde V. Prestowitz Jr. President Economic Strategy Institute
- Stephen Roach Economist Morgan Stanley Dean Witter
- George Scalise President Semiconductor Industry Association
- Edward Yardeni Chief Economist Deutsche Morgan Grenfell, Inc.
Value and Price of Globalization
President Kim talked about the impact of globalization on world economies and future trade relations. Audio…
The New Global Economy
Vice President Gore talked about the new global economy and the innovations and technology that will transform the way…
Roles of Government and Industry
Mr. Armstrong and Mr. Magaziner gave their views on the roles of government and industry within the rapidly…
GATT 50th Anniversary
Mr. Santer talked about how technology and economies will impact the next century. He talked about the growth…