Digital Television and the News
Panelists discussed the effect digital television will have on the presentation of news. Executives from PBS and the National… read more
Panelists discussed the effect digital television will have on the presentation of news. Executives from PBS and the National Association of Broadcasters talked about the impact of digital television and what the news might look like in the future. Following their discussion, panelists answered questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barbara Cochran President Radio-Television News Directors Assn.
- Robert Ottenhoff Executive Vice President PBS
- Adam Clayton Powell III Vice President Freedom Forum->Programs
- Stewart Purvis Chief Executive Officer Independent Television News (ITN), U.K.
- Charles Sherman Senior Vice President National Association of Broadcasters
- Charles Walker Vice President Medialink
Journalists and the Internet
This program includes the introduction and keynote speech by Mr. Case as he kicked off the seminar on how the…
Science and Environmental Reporting
Mr. Chappell and Mr. Hartz talked about science and environmental reporting. They discussed how…
Free Air Time for Political Candidates
Ms. Cochran and Mr. Ornstein talked about how free air time for political candidates would increase the…
Phil Donahue Interview
Mr. Donahue talked about his career in television and the future of talk shows with formats similar to…