Testimony was heard jointly by the Western Hemisphere Affairs and the Human Rights and International Organization subcommittees.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bernard Aronson Assistant Secretary Department of State->Inter-American Affairs
- Paula J. Dobriansky Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of State
- Theodore "Ted" Weiss U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Danny "Dan" Lee Burton U.S. Representative [R] Indiana
- Samuel "Sam" Gejdenson U.S. Representative [D] Connecticut
- Porter J. Goss U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Robert T. Lagomarsino U.S. Representative [R] California
- Jan Meyers U.S. Representative [R] Kansas
- John R. Miller U.S. Representative [R] Washington
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Stephen J. Solarz U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Gerry E. Studds U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Gus Yatron U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
The subcommittee examined U.S. foreign policy towards El Salvador, focusing on possibilities for political settlement.
A Human Rights Agenda for the 90's
The conference was titled “A Human Rights Agenda for the 90's - Promoting Freedom, Not Just Democracy.”
Violence in El Salvador, Part 2
The hearing is interrupted several times by demonstrations by spectators.
Problems in El Salvador