Testimony was heard jointly by the Western Hemisphere Affairs and the Human Rights and International Organization subcommittees.
People in this video
- Aronson, Bernard Assistant Secretary Department of State->Inter-American Affairs
- Dobriansky, Paula J. Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of State
- Weiss, Theodore "Ted" U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Burton, Danny "Dan" Lee U.S. Representative [R] Indiana
- Gejdenson, Samuel "Sam" U.S. Representative [D] Connecticut
- Goss, Porter J. U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Lagomarsino, Robert T. U.S. Representative [R] California
- Meyers, Jan U.S. Representative [R] Kansas
- Miller, John R. U.S. Representative [R] Washington
- Ros-Lehtinen, Ileana U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Solarz, Stephen J. U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Studds, Gerry E. U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Yatron, Gus U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
Peace in El Salvador
The subcommittee heard testimony from Bernard Aronson, Undersecretary for Inter-American Affairs at the Department of…
The subcommittee examined U.S. foreign policy towards El Salvador, focusing on possibilities for political settlement.
A Human Rights Agenda for the 90's
The conference was titled “A Human Rights Agenda for the 90's - Promoting Freedom, Not Just Democracy.”
Violence in El Salvador, Part 2
The hearing is interrupted several times by demonstrations by spectators.