Ground Water Protection
The committee heard testimony concerning groundwater contamination, including pollution by agricultural chemicals. The committee discussed the lack of protective laws and the possibility of newer and better legislation.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Linda Fisher Assistant Administrator Environmental Protection Agency->Pesticides
- Harry Mussman Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Agriculture
- William K. Reilly Administrator Environmental Protection Agency
- Clayton K. Yeutter Secretary Department of Agriculture
- Max Baucus U.S. Senator [D] Montana
- Christopher "Kit" Bond U.S. Senator [R] Missouri
- Rudolph Boschwitz U.S. Senator [R] Minnesota
- Kent Conrad U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Thomas "Tom" A. Daschle U.S. Senator [D] South Dakota
- Thomas "Tom" Harkin U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Jesse Helms U.S. Senator [R] North Carolina
- J. "Robert" Robert Kerrey U.S. Senator [D] Nebraska
- Patrick J. Leahy U.S. Senator [D] Vermont
- Richard G. Lugar U.S. Senator [R] Indiana
Food Safety Proposals
The Individual and the Environment in the 90s
The panelists discuss how life must change in America to reduce mounting environmental threats.
Coastal Defense Initiative
The subcommittee held a hearing on H.R. 2647, to provide for the protection and preservation of coastal and Great Lakes…