Enforcement by Securities and Exchange Cmsn.
The committee discussed enforcement policies used by the Securities and Exchange Commission. The hearing was specifically concerned with a bill that would give the SEC additional enforcement tools.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard C. Breeden Chairman Securities and Exchange Commission
- H. John Heinz U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Aulana Peters Commissioner Securities and Exchange Commission
- Alfonse M. D'Amato U.S. Senator [R] New York
- Christopher "Chris" J. Dodd U.S. Senator [D] Connecticut
- Donald Wayne Riegle Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
Internationalization of Securities Markets
Subcommittee resumed hearings on S. 646, to strengthen international cooperation in the enforcement of securities laws,…
Market Reform Act
Subcommittee on Securities resumed hearings on S. 648, to improve the flow of information to shareholders, streamline…
Insider Trading and the Stock Market
The Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs subcommittee on Securities continued hearings on S. 1380, a bill that…
Future of Securities Markets
The witnesses testified about securities market structure issues pending before the Securities and Exchange Commission…