Ballistic Missile Threats to the U.S.
Committee members heard testimony from defense and weapons experts on the threat ballistic missiles pose to the United States.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- George L. Butler Joint Strategic Command
- Richard Garwin Consultant Department of Defense->National Security
- William R. Graham Jr. Director (Former) White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Donald Rumsfeld Secretary Department of Defense
- William Schneider Undersecretary (Former) Department of State
- Neil Abercrombie U.S. Representative [D] Hawaii
- Jane Harman U.S. Representative [D] California
- Duncan Lee Hunter U.S. Representative [R] California
- Loretta Sanchez U.S. Representative [D] California
- H. "James" James Saxton U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Norman Sisisky U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- Isaac "Ike" Skelton U.S. Representative [D] Missouri
- Victor "Vic" Snyder U.S. Representative [D] Arkansas
- Floyd D. Spence U.S. Representative [R] South Carolina
- Eugene "Gene" Taylor U.S. Representative [D] Mississippi
- Mac Thornberry U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Curt Weldon U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
National Security in the 21st Century
Witnesses testified about future national security threats to the U.S. and about strategies to confront the…
Attack on the USS Cole
Witnesses testified about a terrorist attack on the USS Cole while it was refueling in Yemen and about intelligence…
After meeting with members of the Senate Armed Services Committee, Secretary Rumsfeld and General Shelton talked with…
Defense Department Budget
Defense Department officials testified about the fiscal year 2002 National Defense Authorization budget request.