The committee heard testimony from administration officials and policy analysts on how Social Security, pensions, personal savings, and earnings will meet the retirement needs of Americans beginning in 2008.
People in this video
- Apfel, Kenneth Commissioner Social Security Administration
- Penner, Rudolph G. Senior Fellow (Former) Urban Institute, The
- Porter, Kenneth Spokesman Employee Retir. Income Secur. Act Cmte.
- Rubin, Robert E. Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Schieber, Sylvester Member (Former) President's Advis. Cncl. on Social Sec.
- Summers, Lawrence H. Deputy Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Yakoboski, Paul Senior Research Associate Encore Media Systems
- Roth, William V. Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Delaware
Trade and Economic Agenda
Secretary Rubin testified that open trade and open markets at home and abroad are beneficial to the economy of the…
Trade and Investment in Africa
Committee members heard testimony from members of the Clinton administration, commerce officials and business leaders…
World Economic Situation
Chairman Greenspan discussed a potential interest rate cut. He also testified that financial turmoil in Asia and…
IMF Proposal Impact on Agriculture Industry
Committee members heard testimony from Chairman Greenspan, Secretary Rubin and Secretary Glickman. They talked…