Telephone Billing Fraud
Subcommittee members heard testimony from representatives of telephone companies and billing companies regarding telephone billing fraud.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Susan Grant President National Consumers League
- Eileen Harrington Associate Director Federal Trade Commission->Market Regulations
- Roy Neel President U.S. Telephone Assn
- Lawrence "Larry" Strickling Deputy Chief Federal Communications Commission->Common Carrier Bureau
- Susan M. Collins U.S. Senator [R] Maine
Online Auction Fraud
Participants spoke to reporters about efforts to curb Internet auction fraud. Their plan included increased…
The subcommittee heard testimony on the protection of Defense Department computer programs, a national security…
Consumer Telephone Bill Charges
The FCC held a news conference to discuss consumer telephone bills and unexplained or exorbitant…
Food Imports Safety: A Case Study
Senators heard testimony about imported foods, and the correlation between the rise in use of these foods and the rise…