Covering Washington Scandal: Sealed Documents
Media officials and lawyers discuss aspects of the media coverage of the Washington scandal. They described their efforts to gain access to sealed documents concerning the investigation and give accurate and complete coverage.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Philip Anderson President American Bar Association
- Charles Bakaly Spokesman Office of the Independent Counsel
- Walter E. Dellinger III Solicitor General (Acting, Former) Department of Justice
- George Freeman Assistant General Counsel New York Times
- Dee Dee Myers Press Secretary (Former) White House
- Jack Nelson Chief Correspondent Los Angeles Times->Washington Bureau
- Theodore "Ted" B. Olson Assistant Attorney General (Former) Department of Justice
- Larry J. Sabato Founder and Director University of Virginia->Center for Politics
- Claire Shipman Correspondent NBC News->White House
Solicitors General Panel
Current and former Solicitors General spoke about the duties of solicitor general, the relationship between the…
Legal System and the Media
Panelists discussed the relationship between the legal system and the media, and how much information should be…
Line Item Veto: Where Do We Go from Here?
Judicial Issues at the Turn of the Century
Panelists talked about issues that are impacting the United States judicial system. The panelists focused in…