The State of the Publishing Industry
A panel of authors, publishers and booksellers considered questions of the growth of national bookstore chains, large advances to authors, and consolidation of ownership among publishing houses.
People in this video
- Larry Kirshbaum Chairman and CEO Time Warner Trade Publishing
- Bob Minzesheimer Critic USA Today->Books
- Cathy Pelletier Founder Nashville Books
- Shirley Russell Owner Catch Our Rainbow Bookstore
- Marcella Smith Spokeswoman Barnes and Noble Booksellers
Audio Partners Publishing
From his BookExpo booth, Mr. Hesters talked about the growth in the books-on-tape business over the last few…
The New Press
Ms. Gruen talked about the books published by The New Press.
Hara Publishing Company
Sheryn Hara discussed her business of helping people self-publish books.
Publishers from different houses offered their thoughts on the state of the industry and talked with booksellers about…