Tornado Emergency Preparedness
Experts discussed the historical aspects of the predictions and efforts to prepare for tornadoes. They described current efforts to prepare for tornadoes and to get warning information to the public.
People in this video
- Armstrong, Michael Associate Director Federal Emergency Management Agency->Office of Mitigation
- Burgess, Donald Trainer Nexrad->Operations
- Fugate, William "Craig" Chief Florida Division of Emergency Management->Bureau of Preparedness and Response
- Golden, Joseph Senior Meteorologist National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin.
- Rasmussen, James Director National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin.->Environmental Research
- Schaefer, Joseph Director National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin.->Storm Prediction Center
- Sexton, Elaine Official Hall County, GA->Emergency Management Agency
- Wernly, Donald Director National Weather Service->Customer Service
As part of the National Tornado Forum, Mr. Rasmussen talked about research into the phenomenon of tornadoes and…
Officials briefed reporters on federal disaster relief efforts following a series of tornadoes in Oklahoma and Kansas…
Tornado Damage in the Great Plains
Federal Emergency Management Agency officials briefed reporters on the status of federal relief efforts in Oklahoma and…
Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Fugate held a media…