Political and Economic Conditions in Russia
The participants discussed President Clinton’s summit meeting with Russian President Boris Yeltsin this week, as well as the economic problems of Russia. After their prepared remarks, they took questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Leon Aron Specialist American Enterprise Institute->Russia
- Harley Balzer Director Georgetown University->Center for Eurasian, Russian and East European Studies
- Clifford Gaddy Economist Brookings Institution
- Thane Gustafson Professor Georgetown University->Government Department
- Angela E. Stent Professor Georgetown University->Government Department
Russian Election Results
Analysts talked about the results of Russian presidential elections and about the leadership style and practices of…
Book Discussion on Russia's Revolution
Leon Aron talked about his book, Russia’s Revolution: 1989-2006, published by AEI Press. The book is a…
Panelists assessed current and future relations between the U.S. and Russia as President Obama was to attend the G-20…
Presidential Trip to Russia
The participants discussed President Clinton’s forthcoming trip to Russia and Russia’s economic…