The subcommittee examined U.S. foreign policy towards El Salvador, focusing on possibilities for political settlement.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gerardo Le Chevalier Member El Salvador->Christian Democratic Party
- Edgar Palacios Member Permanent Cmte, Natl Debate for Peace
- Ruben Zamora Leader El Salvador->Opposition Party
- Porter J. Goss U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Harry A. Johnston U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Peter H. Kostmayer U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Robert T. Lagomarsino U.S. Representative [R] California
- Stephen J. Solarz U.S. Representative [D] New York
Current Events in El Salvador
The subcommittee heard testimony on the political and economic status of El Salvador in Central America and its…
Testimony was heard jointly by the Western Hemisphere Affairs and the Human Rights and International Organization…
Congressional observers reported their reactions to recent Nicaraguan elections and the future of U.S. policy toward…
U.S.-El Salvador Policy