Human Factors for Air Traffic Control
Speakers discussed the human factor of the FAA’s equation to insure aviation safety.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Harold Boher Deputy Chief of Staff U.S. Army->Personnel
- Gary Church President Aviation Management Association
- John Flach Professor University of Illinois->Psychology
- Larry Fortier Chairman Air Traffic Control Association
- Clayton Foushee Chief Scientific & Tech. Adm. Federal Aviation Administration->Human Factors
- John K. Lauber Member National Transportation Safety Board
- James Smith Vice President Star Mountain, Inc.->Operations
- Christopher Wickens Director University of Illinois->Aviation Research Lab
Commuter Airline Safety
The subcommittee held a hearing on the safety of commuter airlines. Representative Norman Mineta, chairman of the…
Media, Family and Aviation Accidents
Participants talked about media coverage of airline accidents and the impacts of the coverage on victims'…