Perestroika & U.S. Agriculture
The American Farm Bureau sponsored a forum that covered the changing conditions in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. The forum… read more
The American Farm Bureau sponsored a forum that covered the changing
conditions in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe. The forum focused
on how those changes have affected American agriculture. Agriculture attaches from the Soviet Union and Hungary also talked about agriculture in their countries and answered audience members' questions. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert Beasley Executive Director (Former) International Cooperative Alliance
- Ed Jaenke President E.A. Jaenke and Associates
- Dean Kleckner President American Farm Bureau Federation
- Logvin Overchuk Agricultural Attache Soviet Embassy
- Keith Severin Specialist Department of Agriculture->Soviet Affairs
- Imre Takacs Agricultural Attache Hungarian Embassy
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
Will Perestroika Profit U.S. Agribusiness?
The conference was a platform for a discussion about perestroika and U.S. agriculture.
Perestroika - Impact on American Agriculture
Rep. Gejdenson spoke of recent change in the Eastern Bloc and what it means to the American agriculture industry.
Experiences in the USSR
Mr. Chrystal described his 30 years of experience as a businessman and banker in the USSR. After his…
Perestroika in the U.S.S.R. - Economic Reform
The news conference was the last in a series held to prepare for the superpower summit. Some remarks are in…