State Department Management and Budget
In the wake of the bombing of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, witnesses testified about security problems at State Department facilities and the costs of upgrading security at those facilities.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Carpenter Assistant Secretary Department of State
- Bonnie Cohen Undersecretary Department of State->Policy Management and Budget
- Patrick F. Kennedy Assistant Secretary Department of State->Administration
- Benjamin Nelson Director General Accounting Office->National Security
- Nicholas Rey Managing Director Bear Stearns and Company, Inc.
- Pete V. Domenici U.S. Senator [R] New Mexico
Witnesses testified regarding proposed funding for U.S. embassies. They discussed previous embassy bombings and…
Security and Openness
Participants talked about designing federal buildings for both security and free access. Among the issues they…
State Department Year 2000 Preparations
State Department officials briefed reporters on departmental and international preparations for the year 2000 computer…
Russian Espionage at the State Department
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee heard testimony about Russian intelligence activities directed at the Department…