30th Anniversary of "60 Minutes"
A panel of its editors and correspondents discussed the history of “60 Minutes,” the CBS news magazine debuted in September 1968. Mr. Hewitt was a creator of the program. The panelists also took questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Don Hewitt Executive Producer CBS->60 Minutes
- Josh Howard Senior Producer CBS->60 Minutes
- Steve Kroft Co-Editor CBS->60 Minutes
- Mary Lieberthal Senior Producer CBS->60 Minutes
- Charles L. Overby President and CEO (Former) Freedom Forum
- Peter S. Prichard Editor-in-Chief (Former) USA Today
- Andy Rooney Correspondent CBS->60 Minutes
- Morley Safer Correspondent CBS->60 Minutes
- Philip Scheffler Executive Editor CBS->60 Minutes
- Lesley Stahl Correspondent CBS->60 Minutes
- Mike Wallace Correspondent CBS->60 Minutes
1968 and the Vietnam War
Panelists reflected on 1968 and the Vietnam war. They discussed the idea that media reporting directly affected…
Breaking the Watergate Story
Ms. Graham talked about her perspective on Watergate during a symposium marking the 25th anniversary of the…
Journalists Memorial Dedication
The Newseum dedicated the Journalists Memorial inside its new museum that honors 1,843 journalists from around the…
Newseum Dedication Ceremony
A dedication ceremony was held for the new Newseum facility in Washington, D.C. The ceremony in the Walter and Leonore…