McGrory Fourth Estate Award
Journalists honored Ms. McGrory for her distinguished career in
journalism. In accepting the National Press Club’s annual Fourth Estate Award she related several humorous
experiences from her career.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Katharine Graham Chairman (Former) Washington Post->Board of Directors
- Doug Harbrecht President National Press Club
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Mary McGrory Columnist Washington Post
- Roger Mudd Correspondent PBS->Newshour with Jim Lehrer
- Owen Ullmann Senior Editor Business Week->News
Al Neuharth Roast
On his 75th birthday, AL Neuharth was roasted by politicians and members of the communications industry.
Meg Greenfield Memorial Service
Friends and co-workers paid tribute to the accomplishments and career of Meg Greenfield. Ms. Greenfield was…
Book World 25th Anniversary
A celebration was held to honor the 25th anniversary of the Washington Post section on books entitled “Book…
Book Discussion on Personal History
Ms. Graham talked about her new book, Personal History, published by Knopf. It is an autobiography which…