The White House and Congressional Relations
The panelists discussed what the new members of Congress must do to work well with the White House. They looked back at history to consider how the Congress interacted with the White House.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Judy Biggert U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Sheila P. Burke Executive Dean Harvard University->Kennedy (J.F.) School of Government
- Jim Dyer Director (Former) White House->Congressional Relations
- Steven Elmendorf Chief of Staff U.S. House of Representatives->Gephardt, R. (D-MO)
- Barbara Lee U.S. Representative [D] California
- Scott Lilly Minority Staff Director House Appropriations Committee
- Thomas "Mack" F. McLarty III Senior Adviser (Former) White House
Unemployment Rise in Minority Population
Secretary Herman talked about the low U.S. unemployment rate and the increase in the number of jobs. She stated…
Challenges for Public Servants
Bob Dole spoke about public service and modern American politics, covering topics such as relations with the press,…