Reconstruction of Central America
Mr. Atwood described the devastation in Central America caused by hurricane Mitch and then described the efforts being taken to… read more
Mr. Atwood described the devastation in Central America caused by hurricane Mitch and then described the efforts being taken to provide relief. Mrs. Gore then praised the courage of the people of the region noting the efforts required to return life to normal. Secretary Slater spoke to the audience via remote link. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Brian Atwood Administrator U.S. Agency for International Development
- Tipper Gore Spouse Albert "Al" Gore Jr.
- William "Bill" Blaine Richardson Secretary Department of Energy
- Rodney E. Slater Secretary Department of Transportation
- James Lee Witt Director Federal Emergency Management Agency
Mrs. Clinton announced that the president proposed a relief package of nearly $1 billion for Latin American…
Cabinet Meeting Stakeout
Cabinet members spoke to reporters about their meeting with the president following the Independent Counsel’s…
Tidewater Meeting 30th Anniversary Luncheon
Mr. Talbott and Mr. Wolfensohn spoke about the 1968 event in which the world’s official development met…
Tidewater Meeting 30th Anniversary
Mr. Atwood and conference members talked about international development in health, literacy, and life expectancy.