Reporting Vietnam Panel 2
Panelists discussed the book, Reporting Vietnam, published by Library of America. The book is about the role of journalism in the conduct of the Vietnam War.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard Harwood Columnist Washington Post
- Seymour M. Hersh Correspondent New York Times->Investigative Reporting
- Bernard Kalb Panelist CNN->Reliable Sources
- Mackubin Thomas Owens Professor U.S. Naval War College
- Peter S. Prichard Editor-in-Chief (Former) USA Today
- Jack Smith
1968 and the Vietnam War
Panelists reflected on 1968 and the Vietnam war. They discussed the idea that media reporting directly affected…
1968 Lessons and Legacy
The panelists discussed the highlights of 1968, including the Vietnam War, the demonstrations, the culture, and the…
30th Anniversary of "60 Minutes"
A panel of its editors and correspondents discussed the history of “60 Minutes,” the CBS news magazine…
1968 and the Johnson Presidency
Panel members discussed the Johnson presidency, and its legacy. They focused on how negative journalism affected…