Media Coverage of Arrest of D.C. Mayor Barry
This program is sponsored by the National Press Club and the National Association of Television Arts and Sciences. Mayor Marion Barry was indicted on drug-related charges in January 1990. Local reporters discuss news coverage of this event.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barbara Matusow Senior Writer Washingtonian Magazine
- Kris Ostrowski Assistant Director WRC-TV (Washington, DC)->News 4
- Tom Sherwood Correspondent WRC-TV (Washington, DC)->News 4
- Sue Ann Staake President National Assn. of TV Arts and Science
- Adrienne Washington Correspondent Washington Times
- Ernest White Talk Show Host WDCU-FM, Washington D.C.
- John White Press Secretary (Former) District of Columbia->Office of the Mayor
Politics & Life in Washington, DC
Mayor Dixon on Her First 100 Days in Office
Mayor Dixon talked about why people elected her to office with 86 percent of the vote. She is the first…
District of Columbia Statehood
Jesse Jackson, Washington DC’s “shadow” senator, spoke to the National Press Club luncheon about…
Do the Media Elect the President?
The panel was part of a series of seminars co-sponsored by the National Press Club and the Smithsonian…