Opening Foreign Markets to U.S. Trade
Witnesses testified about opening foreign markets to U.S. trade and breaking down trade barriers with emphasis on Japan. This hearing was… read more
Witnesses testified about opening foreign markets to U.S. trade and breaking down trade barriers with emphasis on Japan.
This hearing was held several hours before U.S. Trade Representative Carla Hills' announced in a news conference that the Bush administration had decided to remove Japan from the “Super 310” trade sanctions list, a list of nations with unfair trading barriers. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Hill Senior Vice President Allied Signal, Inc.->Engineered Materials
- John Howard Executive Director U.S. Chamber of Commerce->Subcommittee on Market Access
- R. K. Morris Director National Association of Manufacturers->International Trade
- Suzanne Tichenor Director Cray Research Inc.->International Trade Affairs
- Max Baucus U.S. Senator [D] Montana
Trade Agreements Compliance
The subcommittee heard testimony on H.R. 1115, the Trade Agreements Compliance Act of 1991, which would set up a formal…
Sugar Quotas & Central American Economic Development
The subcommittee hears testimony on revising United States debt and sugar import policies. It also reviews present…
Secretary Mosbacher discusses his recent trip to Japan and other issues.
Japan's Challenge to U.S. Trade Practices
The committee heard testimony on U.S. trade with Japan, including 1990's Import Expansion Measures, and studied the…