Regulating College Sports
Sports and broadcast professionals discuss the effects big money has on college athletics and whether Congress should do something to regulate it. The program is titled “Should Congress Save College Sports from Big Money?”
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jeffrey Marx Correspondent National, The (Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.)
- C. "Tom" Thomas McMillen U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Joseph "Joe" V. Paterno Head Coach Pennsylvania State University->Football
- Shirley Povich Correspondent (Former) Washington Post
- Frank Rienzo Director Georgetown University->Athletics
- Gene Upshaw Executive Director National Football League Players Association
- Richard Zimmerman Chairman National Press Foundation->Forum Committee
American and Canadian Health Care
The forum met to debate the strengths and weaknesses of the United States and Canadian health care systems.
The Gulf War and the Media: A Retrospective
Walter Cronkite moderated the panel discussion on the media’s access to information during the Persian Gulf…
Keeping Presidential Campaigns Clean
Panelists discussed,"Presidential Campaigns: Is It Possible to Keep Them Clean and Relevant?"
Rhodes Scholars Program