1999 Awards Dinner
Speakers discussed the peculiarities of practicing law as a woman, and introduced the awardees honored at the dinner. Attorney General Reno praised Delegate Norton for her tenacity and efforts to have the District of Columbia recognized as a state.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Marguerite Boyd Officer Women's Bar Association
- Deborah Costlow President Women's Bar Association Foundation
- Joyce Hens Green Judge U.S. District Court
- Patricia Gurne Attorney
- Victoria McEneney President Women's Bar Association
- Eleanor Holmes Norton Congressional Delegate [D] District of Columbia
- Janet Reno Attorney General Department of Justice
- Nina Totenberg Correspondent (Former) National Public Radio->Legal Affairs
Women on the Bench
Supreme Court Justices Sandra Day O’Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg spoke at the Women’s Bar Association of…
Education in the District of Columbia
Witnesses testified about the condition of the District of Columbia public school system. They focused on the…
Representatives and school officials shared their experiences of volunteering in the Everybody Wins program which helps…
The District of Columbia
Delegate Norton spoke about the District of Columbia and took audience calls, faxes, and electronic mail.