Federal Bureau of Prison Oversight
Committee members heard testimony about the operations of Federal Prison Industries. Panel members testified about the participation… read more
Committee members heard testimony about the operations of Federal Prison Industries. Panel members testified about the participation of inmates in prison industries and their pay. They also discussed the contracts held with the Department of Defense and others, and General Accounting Office reports on their performance. close
People in this video
- Hoffman, Ann Legislative Director Union of Needletrades, Indus and Textile Emplees
- Oliver, David R. Jr. Principal Dep. Undersecretary Department of Defense->Acquisition and Technology
- Sawyer, Kathleen Hawk Director Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Schwalb, Steve Chief Operating Officer Federal Prisons Industries
- Thurmond, James "Strom" Strom U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
Oversight of the U.S. Sentencing Commission
Witnesses testified about sentencing guidelines across the U.S. Among the issues they addressed were how the guidelines…
Federal Prison Industries
The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security held a hearing on private sector…
Mr. Torry discussed a bill that would fund steel, oil and gas industry loans proposed by Senator Bird.
Racial Relations and Human Rights in the U.S.
Participants talked about race relations in the context of human rights. Among the issues they discussed were the…