Free Media Time for Candidates?
Participants talked about the issue of requiring free media time for political candidates. This would decrease the amount of money… read more
Participants talked about the issue of requiring free media time for political candidates. This would decrease the amount of money influencing campaigns.
This session was part of a series on the politics of governance sponsored by the Institute, which studies progressive alternatives to national policies. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Paul Hoff Counsel Center for Responsive Politics
- Elaine C. Kamarck Senior Fellow Progressive Policy Institute
- Will Marshall Founder and President Progressive Policy Institute
- Gene Mater Senior Vice President (Former) CBS
- Larry J. Sabato Professor University of Virginia->Department of Government and Foreign Affairs
- Michael "Mike" Lynn Synar U.S. Representative [D] Oklahoma
Fortifying the Family for the 1990s
Participants discussed changes the family has been experiencing during the last two decades during which time the…
Private Lives of Public Figures
Mr. Sabato, author of Feeding Frenzy: How Attack Journalism Has Transformed American Politics was the featured…
Campaign Finance Reform
Guests discussed campaign issues, including a recent report calling for limits on campaign spending.
U.S. Policy Towards Eastern Europe & USSR
The forum is titled “U.S. Policy Towards Economic Reform in Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union.” Professor…