Democratic leaders spoke to reporters about their legislative agenda, particularly a patient’s bill of rights.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Thomas "Tom" A. Daschle U.S. Senator [D] South Dakota
- Richard A. Gephardt U.S. Representative [D] Missouri
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- John D. Podesta Chief of Staff White House
- Donna E. Shalala Secretary Department of Health and Human Services
First 100 Days
Standing in front of the Capitol, democratic leaders and citizedn spoke to reporters about their assessment of the Bush…
Democratic Party Policy News Conference
Following a weekly party lunch, Senator Daschle spoke to reporters about the Senate agenda and about agriculture…
Senate Majority Leader News Briefing
Senator Daschle and Representative Gephardt spoke to reporters about several issues, including unemployment…
Democratic senators talked about the future of the debate on the Medicare bill that night. They argued that with…