Congressional Reaction to U.S.-Soviet Summit
Members of Congress commented to the press after meeting with President Gorbachev at the Soviet Embassy.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert "Bob" Joseph Dole U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Dante B. Fascell U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Richard A. Gephardt U.S. Representative [D] Missouri
- George J. Mitchell U.S. Senator [D] Maine
- Sam Nunn U.S. Senator [D] Georgia
- Claiborne Pell U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
The Senate continued consideration of S. 2830, to regulate agriculture. A unanimous-consent agreement was reached…
The Senate agreed to S. Res. 334, reaffirming United States policy regarding the independence of the Baltic…
The Senate consented to the following nominations: James Baker, Secretary of State; Elizabeth Dole, Secretary of Labor;…
CR pp. S6389-S6465. The Senate continued consideration of the INF treaty.