Administration officials discussed President Clinton’s plan for the budget surplus, including extending solvency for Medicare and Social Security, establishing an education trust fund, and many other programs.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jacob "Jack" J. Lew Director Office of Management and Budget
- Joseph "Joe" Lockhart Press Secretary White House
- John D. Podesta Chief of Staff White House
- Robert E. Rubin Secretary (Former) Department of the Treasury
- Gene B. Sperling Director National Economic Council
Members of the President’s economic team briefed reporters on the federal budget and tax policy, including…
Federal Budget Negotiations
Administration officials talked to reporters about a budget agreement reached with Republicans and declared victory for…
Fiscal Year 2000 Federal Budget
Participants discussed and explained the president’s budget proposal. They talked about how the plan would…
Presidential China Trip Preview
Mr. Berger and Secretary Rubin discussed the president’s upcoming trip to China. The answered media…