Health Status & Needs of Minorities in 1990's
The committee heard testimony from the Assistant Secretary of Health and a number of health care professionals.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Alonzo Atencio Assistant Dean University of New Mexico->School of Medicine
- Georges Benjamin M.D. Member D.C. Commission of Public Health
- Samphal Chhit Co-Director Southeast Asian Infancy Project
- Karine Crow Nurse Oglala Lakota College
- Pete Duarte Executive Director Centro de Salud Familiar La Fe
- James Ostermann Mason Assistant Secretary Department of Health and Human Services->Health
- William Robinson Director Department of Health and Human Services->Office of Minority Health
- David Satcher M.D. President Meharry Medical School
- George Blue Spruce Jr. Assistant Surgeon General American Indian Dentists
- Diane Stoy Representative Cardiovascular and Renal Educ.Consortium
- Eric Whitaker Student University of Chicago->Medicine
Financing Alternatives for Minorities
The First National Conference on Access and Health Care Financing Alternatives for Minority Populations was organized…
HIV Infection & AIDS among Minorities
Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities
Health officials talked about the quality of health care for minority groups in the U.S. Among the topics they…
American and Canadian Health Care
The forum met to debate the strengths and weaknesses of the United States and Canadian health care systems.