Spotted Owl Protection
Officials briefed reporters about placing the spotted owl on the endangered species list. The timber industry claims that saving the spotted owl will cost 30,000 jobs.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cy Jamison Director Department of the Interior->Bureau of Land Management
- Manuel Lujan Jr. Secretary Department of the Interior
- Alan Charles Raul General Counsel Department of Agriculture
- Dale Robertson Chief U.S. Forest Service
- Kelly Shipp Press Secretary Department of Agriculture
- Clayton K. Yeutter Secretary Department of Agriculture
Secretary Lujan’s speech comes two days after a presidential announcement of a curtailment of offshore drilling…
Timber Harvesting in Old Growth Forests
In a joint hearing of the three subcommittees, members heard from federal officials, scholars, forest economists and…
1990 Farm Bill
Military Activities on Federal Lands, Part 1
The committee’s focus was the present and proposed use by military agencies of national forests and public lands…