Health Claims in Advertising
The committee met to hear testimony from various witnesses concerning health claims and food labelling.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Catherine Adams Assistant Administrator Department of Agriculture->Food Safety and Inspection Service
- Paul Fuller Director Agriculture Marketing Service->Livestock and Feed Division
- Margaret O'Keeffe Glavin Deputy Administrator Department of Agriculture->Regulatory Prgrams
- Dewitt Helm Jr. President Association of National Advertisers
- Daniel Jaffe Senior Vice President Association of National Advertisers
- John La Rosa Chairman (Former) American Heart Association
- Gloria Larson Deputy Director Federal Trade Commission->Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Richard Manoff President Manoff Internatinal
- Tom Miller Attorney General Iowa
- I. Peter Roscow Managing Director Darcy, Masius, Benton and Bowles
- F. Edward Scarborough Representative U.S. Food and Drug Administration->Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- Harold Shoup Executive Vice President American Assn. of Advertising Agencies
- Bruce Silverglade Director Center for Science in the Public Interest->Legal Affairs
Nutrition Information & Food Labeling
Guests discussed FDA label policy reforms and what information needs to be included on food labels.
Committee resumed hearings to examine the recent proceedings of the Surgeon General’s Workshop on Drunk Driving,…
Food Labeling and Packaging