1991 Puerto Rico Plebiscite
Puerto Rican voters go to the polls in 1991 to decide if the island territory should retain its present status or petition to become a state in the United States.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jose Alvarez Gonzalez Professor University of Puerto Rico->Law School
- Luis Avilez Student Harvard University->Law School
- Jose Berrocal Soto Counsel Governor of Puerto Rico
- Bennie Cerezo Candidate Puerto Rico
- Paul Gerwitz Professor Yale University->Law School
- Mary Ann Glendon Professor Harvard University->Law School
- Pedro Ortiz Alvarez Catholic University of Puerto Rico->Law School
- Francisco Pavia Editor Harvard Journal of Legislation
- Manuel Rodriguez Orellana Commissioner Puerto Rico->Independence Party
- Kathleen M. Sullivan Professor Harvard University->Law School
US Legal System
Laurence Tribe talked about the Supreme Court and legal system.
Effects of Sentencing Guidelines on Hispanics
Participants talked about the guidelines for federal judges concerning sentencing in the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984.…
Tribute to Eunice Kennedy Shriver
After an introduction by Paul Kirk, Professor Glendon sat on the stage with four of Eunice Kennedy Shriver’s…
National Endowment for the Arts Funding
The committee heard from a number of people in the art world and from representatives of consumer groups. At issue…