Health Care for the Uninsured
The Finance Subcommittee on Health for Families and the Uninsured met to investigate the problems facing doctors and hospitals who care for the uninsured.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jackson Allison Director East Carolina University->Emergency Department
- Norton Greenberger President American College of Physicians
- Lawrence McAndrews President and CEO Children's Mercy Hospital
- Vidal Perez Executive Director Providence Ambulatory Health
- Edward Thomas President University Health Center->Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Barbara Lord Watkins Vice President Parkland Memorial Hospital->Public Affairs/Human Services
- Donald Wayne Riegle Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
Effect of Health Care Costs on the Economy
The subcommittee heard testimony on the strain of high health care and health insurance costs on the American…
Health System Reform by the Year 2000?
Senator Kennedy addressed the current problems of the health care system, and the major federal reforms that are…
Medical Liability Reform
Sen. Hatch discussed the pending legislation to reform the medical liability system. He said that over the…
Strategy for Health Care Reform
The American Hospital Association held a news conference in the National Press Club to discuss alternative proposals…