Literacy Conference: The Federal Perspective
The 1990 Literacy Conference of the American Newspaper Publishers Association Fund heard from Secretary of Labor, Elizabeth Dole and… read more
The 1990 Literacy Conference of the American Newspaper Publishers Association Fund heard from Secretary of Labor, Elizabeth Dole and Undersecretary of Education, Ted Sanders. Ms. Dole and Mr. Sanders discussed the necessity of improving education and the problems facing labor in the 1990s. The conference brought together newspaper editors from across the United States and Canada, educators, and community leaders. close
People in this video
- Chisman, Forrest Director Southport Institute for Policy Analysis
- Corson, Maddy Representative Guy Gannett Publishing Co.
- Dole, Elizabeth Secretary Department of Labor
- Gore, Albert "Al" Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Tennessee
- Guiton, Bonnie Special Adviser Consumer Affairs->President
- Haffey, Kay Correspondent Pottsville Republican
- Hines, Judith Executive Vice President American Newspaper Publishers Assn.
- Lesher, Margaret Spokeswoman Lesher Communications
- Moroney, James Jr. Chairman American Newspaper Publishers Assn.
- Sanders, Ted Undersecretary Department of Education
- Spezzano, Vince Correspondent Gannett News Service->Rochester, NY
Good Ideas: Best and Brightest for Literacy
The speakers discussed the literacy rate in the United States and its relationship to the newspaper industry. For…
National Newspaper Association Conference
Midwest Flood Relief
At Fox Senior High School, the president, the vice-president, and members of the president’s cabinet discussed…
Road to the White House
Mr. Kemp talked about presidential politics with a public television station in Iowa and talk about his interest…