Literacy Conference: The Federal Perspective
The 1990 Literacy Conference of the American Newspaper Publishers Association Fund heard from Secretary of Labor, Elizabeth Dole and… read more
The 1990 Literacy Conference of the American Newspaper Publishers Association Fund heard from Secretary of Labor, Elizabeth Dole and Undersecretary of Education, Ted Sanders. Ms. Dole and Mr. Sanders discussed the necessity of improving education and the problems facing labor in the 1990s. The conference brought together newspaper editors from across the United States and Canada, educators, and community leaders. close
People in this video
- Forrest Chisman Director Southport Institute for Policy Analysis
- Maddy Corson Representative Guy Gannett Publishing Co.
- Elizabeth Dole Secretary Department of Labor
- Albert "Al" Gore Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Tennessee
- Bonnie Guiton Special Adviser Consumer Affairs->President
- Kay Haffey Correspondent Pottsville Republican
- Judith Hines Executive Vice President American Newspaper Publishers Assn.
- Margaret Lesher Spokeswoman Lesher Communications
- James Moroney Jr. Chairman American Newspaper Publishers Assn.
- Ted Sanders Undersecretary Department of Education
- Vince Spezzano Correspondent Gannett News Service->Rochester, NY
Good Ideas: Best and Brightest for Literacy
The speakers discussed the literacy rate in the United States and its relationship to the newspaper industry. For…
National Newspaper Association Conference
Midwest Flood Relief
At Fox Senior High School, the president, the vice-president, and members of the president’s cabinet discussed…
Road to the White House
Mr. Kemp talked about presidential politics with a public television station in Iowa and talk about his interest…