Oil Prices and the U.S. Economy
The Joint Economic Committee and the Europe and the Middle East Subcommittee of the House Foreign Affairs Committee met to consider the… read more
The Joint Economic Committee and the Europe and the Middle East Subcommittee of the House Foreign Affairs Committee met to consider the impact of the Persian Gulf situation on United States interests, the world wide oil industry, and the United States economy. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Royden "Roy" P. Dyson U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Lee H. Hamilton U.S. Representative [D] Indiana
- John Lichtblau President Petroleum Industry Research Foundation
- Donald "Buz" E. Lukens U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- Thomas McNaughter Senior Fellow Brookings Institution
- Richard W. Murphy Assistant Secretary (Former) Department of State->Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs
- Ileana Ros-Lehtinen U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- James H. Scheuer U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Philip Verleger Visiting Fellow Institute for International Economics
Congressional Reaction to Troop Deployment
Rep. Hamilton reacted to President Bush’s announcement that he would send military forces to Saudi Arabia to…
Oil and the Iraqi Invasion
Mr. Thomas discussed the impact that the oil embargo of Iraq would have on the United States.
Impact of the Iraqi Invasion on Oil Prices
Mr. Dunn discussed the impact of the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on oil prices and world politics.
Reaction to Iraqi Invasion of Kuwait
Senator Boren discussed the prospects for an invasion, should one be attempted, and the impact on United States oil…