Commercial Real Estate Lending Prices
The committee met to investigate the problems in real estate markets with respect to loans and the response of federal and state regulating agencies.
People in this video
- Clarke, Robert Comptroller of the Currency Department of the Treasury
- Cranmer, Charles R. Analyst Shearson Lehman Brothers
- Laware, John Member Federal Reserve->Board of Governors
- McDermott, James Jr. Executive Vice President Keefe, Bruyette, and Woods, Inc.
- Philbin, Peter Deputy Superintendent New York, NY->State Banking Department
- Shockley, Lacy Vice President Smith Barney Inc.
- Weiss, Theodore "Ted" U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Gonzalez, Henry B. U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Kanjorski, Paul E. U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Leach, James "Jim" U.S. Representative [R] Iowa
- Parris, Stanford "Stan" U.S. Representative [R] Virginia
- Vento, Bruce F. U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
Impact of Bank Mergers on Banking Industry
The committee heard testimony on the predicted effects of large bank mergers on the banking industry and the American…
Bank Examination Policies
Last month in Baltimore the National Examiners Conference met to discuss new, secret, bank examination…
Commercial Credit Situation
The committee met to investigate reports of a credit crunch. The Federal Reserve has concluded that commercial,…
National Banking Policies
The subcommittee heard testimony on legislation that would eliminate insurance protection for banking deposits over the…