International Financial Policy
The committee investigated the Treasury Department’s role in international foreign policy. In particular, they looked at the… read more
The committee investigated the Treasury Department’s role in international foreign policy. In particular, they looked at the department’s use of the exchange stabilization plan, the Baker plan and the department’s intervention activities. close
People in this video
- Mayer, Martin
- Meltzer, Allan H. Professor Carnegie Mellon University->Graduate School Independent Admin.
- Mendelowitz, Allen Director General Accounting Office->International Trade
- Mulford, David C. Undersecretary Department of the Treasury->International Affairs
- Schwartz, Anna Research Associate National Bureau of Economic Resources
- Whalen, Christopher Senior Vice President Whalen, Inc.
- Gonzalez, Henry B. U.S. Representative [D] Texas
International Economic Outlook - Day I
The committee focused investigation on the third world debt crisis.
International Trade and Competitiveness
Mr. Mendelowitz involved his audience in a discussion of the competitiveness of the United States' industry in the…
The committee attempted to estimate the size and projected growth of the Soviet economy.
American Economic Policy in Latin America
The joint committee’s discussion focused on new United State’s economic policies in relation to Mexico and…