Souter Confirmation Day 1, Part 2
Judge Souter made his opening statement. Judiciary Committee members
began their questioning of the nominee in thirty-minute rounds.
There is a four-minute break midway through the hearing.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David H. Souter Judge U.S. Court of Appeals->First Circuit
- Joseph "Joe" R. Biden Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Dennis DeConcini U.S. Senator [D] Arizona
- Orrin Hatch U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Howard M. Metzenbaum U.S. Senator [D] Ohio
- Alan K. Simpson U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- James "Strom" Strom Thurmond U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
Souter Confirmation Day 1, Part 1
Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee made opening statements on
the first day of Judge Souter’s confirmation…
Souter Confirmation Day 2, Part 1
The committee continued hearings on the confirmation of Judge Souter as associate justice of the Supreme Court,…
Souter Confirmation Day 2, Part 2
Committee members continued questioning Judge Souter in thirty-minute
Souter Confirmation Day 3, Part 1
Committee members continued questioning Judge Souter in thirty-minute rounds.