Jails, Prisons, and Drugs
The panel discussed the question of crime and drugs in relation to young black men.
People in this video
- Bergman, Carol Associate Counsel Committee on Government Operations
- Clements, Norman Physician Dental Survey of America
- Conyers, John Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- Daniels, Ron Officer Institute for Community Org. and Develop.
- Fullilove, Robert Assistant Professor Columbia University->Public Health
- Mauer, Marc Assistant Director Sentencing Project
- Rust-Tierney, Diane Counsel American Civil Liberties Union->Legislative Affairs
- Sullivan, Charles Executive Director Citizens United for Rehabil.of Errants
- Washington, Craig U.S. Representative [D] Texas
Civil Rights Act of 1990
The panel discussed the Civil Rights Bill of 1990 and past Supreme Court decisions dealing with civil rights.
Witnesses testified on violence in the African-American community. They discussed law enforcement and sentencing…
African Americans and Police Brutality
As part of the 27th annual Congressional Black Caucus convention, police brutality and its implications on the…
Hate Crimes at the Milliennium
The 30th annual CBC legislative conference was titled, “Judiciary Brain Trust: Two Million Incarcerated: Justice…