Thrift Regulation in the 1970s and 1980s
This hearing begins a series of investigations into regulatory policies of the savings and loan industry in the late 1970's and the 1980's.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Alfred "Al" A. McCandless U.S. Representative [R] California
- Nancy Pelosi U.S. Representative [D] California
- Richard Pratt Chairman Federal Home Loan Bank Board
- Donald Regan Official Department of the Treasury
- Chuck Schumer U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Frank "Levi" Annunzio U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- Henry B. Gonzalez U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Carroll Hubbard Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Kentucky
- James "Jim" Leach U.S. Representative [R] Iowa
- Stephen Neal U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Chalmers P. Wylie U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
Savings & Loan Assistance Packages
The Committee examined the effects of allowing billions of dollars of tax breaks to the purchasers of failed…
Quality of Audits Performed by CPA's
Savings & Loans Crisis
Testimony was given by the secretary concerning the Financial Institutions Recovery and Enforcement Act as proposed by…
Where Was the White House during S&L Crisis?
This program is part of a series of three panel discussions entitled “Where Were the Watchdogs when the Savings &…