Student Loan Abuse
The Senate Governmental Affairs Subcmte. on Investigations heard testimony on alleged fraud and abuse found in federally funded student loan programs.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ernest Canellos Deputy Assistant Secretary (Acting) Department of Education->Student Finance Assistance
- Lauro Cavazos Secretary Department of Education
- John Childers Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Education->Higher Education Programs
- John Haines Director Department of Education->Debt Collection
- Edward Stringer General Counsel Department of Education
- Sam Nunn U.S. Senator [D] Georgia
Education Goals of the Bush Administration
Mr. Cavazos discussed the Bush administration’s education policy.
Learning and Literacy
The education task force meeting is a follow-up to the “Education Summit” held between President Bush and…
Administration's Perspective on Education
Topics include the upcoming education summmit in Charlottesville.
NEA Leaders News Conference
After a meeting with President Bush, National Education Association leaders answered reporters' questions. They…